A WORD FROM MANAGEMENT
Dear Good & Clean Family
As the state continues to reopen and we all begin to acclimate to the new normal, I wanted to reach out to our clients and partners to express how much we look forward to serving you all once again! Additionally, I want to prepare you for how our operations will be changing in an effort to mitigate the risk of spreading Covid 19.
While much of the world was shut down and sheltering in place, our business kept going. We were deemed essential because we provide sanitation services to clinics, social service facilities, municipal buildings, and other essential businesses throughout Marin County and the surrounding area. Staying in business during a Global Pandemic is exceedingly difficult.
Fortunately, with help from our wonderful clients and by working with our creditors and venders, we were able to provide ongoing service and gain invaluable insight on the present situation. The hands-on experience we have received during the last two months has allowed us to train our staff, implement new procedures and develop a CLEANSAFE Covid Preparedness Plan, in real time, well ahead of most businesses.
Good & Clean is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our workers and customers. We have had to make drastic reductions to our schedule and work force, in order to comply with social distancing guidelines. Forcing many of our employees to stay home and hindering their ability to work, through no fault of their own. Thankfully, with the generous gifts we have received from some of our amazing clients, we have been able to provide our employees with paid sick days.
Many of our employees have relied on these paid sick days during this
crisis, as they are not eligible for any other assistance. If we all continue to band together, we are hopeful to be able to make it through this while keeping our crews healthy, community safe and our business ready for resuming more regular services without interruption.
HOW WE ARE MAKING OUR EMPLOYEES SAFER
Our Workers have been informed of and encouraged to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. We have implemented a paid leave policy that incentivizes workers to stay at home when they are sick, when household members are sick, or when required by a health care provider to isolate or quarantine themselves or a member of their household. Additional precautions we are taking include:
- All crew members will keep a daily log of their temperature.
- Any staff members who do not feel well or exhibits symptoms will be sent home immediately, will not be allowed to come to work, and will be given paid sick leave until cleared by a medical professional.
- Employees must regularly wash and sanitize their hands throughout the day with the personal supply of hand sanitizer (60%+ alcohol) and touchless antibacterial soap they have been supplied with
- Crew sizes are reduced to 2-3 cleaners.
- To assist in contact tracing: crew members from the same households will work together and rotating crew members around to different crews will no longer occur.
- Employees will disinfect and sanitize their vehicles, equipment, and themselves between jobs.
- All cleaners will be given a 6-7 day supply of PPE each week, depending on their schedule.
- All unnecessary employee interactions are strictly limited (including during
breaks and lunch).
- Regular retraining of all employees- per recommendation of federal and local governments and CDC/ Cal OSHA guidelines.
- Office staff to work remotely when possible to reduce interactions.
How We’re Making Your Appointment Safer
Although we’ve always upheld exceptionally high safety standards, our new protocol is designed based on CDC and OSHA guidelines for best practices in the COVID era.
Before Entering Your Home or Office:
- If you or someone in your household is not feeling well, please reschedule your appointment.
- Please share any cleaning request with our office through email or by phone, we will relay all cleaning requests and notes to the cleaners, to limit the need to interact with them.
- Per government social distancing guidelines, residential cleaning will be performed while the home is unoccupied or while the homes occupants are isolated in a separate space.
While In Your Home or Office:
- A mask must be worn by clients, and a minimum of 6 ft must be kept between client and cleaner during all social interactions.
- Your cleaners will be wearing PPE (masks, gloves, etc.) which will be changed after each job.
- Your cleaners will disinfect and sanitize all pertinent equipment between each job.
GOOD & CLEAN: HOW WE'RE MOVING FORWARD
How We Are Making The Community Safer
As the country continues to reopen, despite the ongoing threat of the coronavirus, businesses large and small are going to have to take measures to guarantee their properties are safe for employees and customers alike. Which is why we have started offering a new service to our customers, to meet a growing need for sanitization.
Our new Disinfecting and Sanitization Service provides Covid level prevention, disinfection, and sanitization services with CDC approved disinfection foggers, sprayers, and ionized disinfection and the following:
- Extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches and door handles.
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas.
- We will soon be offering electrostatic sprayers with disinfecting mist and ultraviolet light to sanitize surfaces and objects.
- Enhanced Team Member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols.
We will soon be offering electrostatic sprayers to our current clients. We will keep you updated. Contact our office for more information or to book our service!